Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Another Breakout Example - WAVX & SPLI

So today the big stock was WAVX. I did play this stock but I was too late both times. Each entry I was only .05 -.1 up before it tanked and I didnt have time to take profits. But it's another good lesson to learn, don't chase and take early profits. This stock showed up on my alerts this morning but I didn't act on it, like usual. I saw that stock as it broke 1.27.... Anyways, I did learn another window to keep up during trading and thats the volume alerts on EquityFeed. Look at the chart below and see if you can see all the resistance/breakout levels. Post them in the comments.


Towards the end of the market day Tim alerted us to SPLI. This stock spiked all the way to.086 so I could've profited more but I took early gains like should.  I got in at .0746 and out at .083. It ended up being +$109 which helped cover some of the losses from WAVX. While I was negative for the day, I am still learning and my losses have been down and gains have been up. Won't be long till I start profiting haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment